For Samaira the obsession with pancakes started with Peppa Pig. There were one too many episodes of Daddy pig making pancakes for Peppa and George. In fact I think there was even one episode which showed how to make pancakes. You can imagine, how this led to the constant pleading “Mom, I want pancakes too”. So pancakes are now a staple at our weekend breakfasts and even dinner sometimes!
Honestly pancakes are one of the quickest, simplest and tasty options for breakfast or snacks for kids. You need very few ingredients and you can whip up fluffiest and yummy pancakes for kids. If you want to make it healthy switch to whole wheat flour. You can make eggless pancakes, fruit pancakes, sweet or savory pancakes, pancakes with fillings and so on. There is no dearth of pancake recipes.
This simple pancake recipe has been a product of trial and error but mostly has been adapted from . If you are looking for a fluffy pancake recipe then I can vouch for this one. You can also browse through our recipe category for more easy recipes for kids.
EASY PANCAKE RECIPE FOR KIDS
- Plain Flour – 1 cup
- Egg – 1 (Optional)
- Sugar- 2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Butter- 1 tbsp melted
- Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable Oil – 1 tb sp
- Cinnamon Powder- A pinch
- Salt – A pinch
Makes 4-5 pancakes
How to make pancakes
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients i.e Flour, Sugar, Baking powder, Cinnamon Powder and Salt. In another bowl mix milk, butter, vanilla essence and egg.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix. Don’t overdo it but ensure that there aren’t any big lumps in the batter.
- Now keep a non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, switch the heat off. After 1 min switch heat back on medium.
- Drizzle a tiny amount of vegetable oil on the pan. With a ladle pour out the batter on the pan. Don’t spread it and allow it to spread on its own.
- Unless your pan is too hot the batter will take the perfect round shape.
- Cook the pancake on one side till you start seeing bubbles forming on top. Now flip!
- Wait for another 30 seconds or till the pancake becomes golden in color. Take it off the pan now and place on a plate.
- Make pancakes with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with maple syrup or like we do with honey.
I told you it was an easy pancake recipe! Enjoy!