It’s Earth Day on April 22, and it’s a great opportunity to talk to our kids about the problems our planet is facing today and what they can do to help. But if you want to spread the message a little further than your own kids, it’s easy – just throw a party!! We’re serious, have an Earth Day themed party for your kids and their friends; the very theme will get them talking about this day. It’s the summer vacations, which is the perfect time for a party! What’s more, if one of your kids is having a birthday in April, you’re all set for a theme!
Now, it’s an Earth Day themed party, so obviously we’re going to be doing a lot of recycling, which is going to be great fun for the kids and good news for your wallet! If you’re wondering how to go about it, don’t worry, we’ve rounded up the best Earth Day party ideas from all over the internet, right here!
15 Earth Day Party Ideas
Invites & Gear
Try using scrap paper and bits and pieces of cardboard lying around the house; try to avoid printouts as far as possible! You can ask guests to wear natural fabrics and come cycling, walking or car pooling!
1. While it’s better to email, you can also send out these with little tips on how guests can reuse the paper bag!! How useful is that?
2. Your guests will be surprised at these cute that you give them!! Add the information on colored flags and wrap in patterned paper – all done!
3. Make these adorable for your guests! Use up any old maps or atlases lying around; just make sure they’re sturdy enough.
Again, use as much scrap as possible and minimize printing. Try to stick to earthy colors like green, brown, blue and white. Place potted plants around, at a safe height.
1. Make an out of real earthy elements – twigs and leaves! Use old cereal boxes and twine and you’re all set for a recycled banner!
2. Did you know that something as useless as an empty chip bag can be turned into something as beautiful as party decoration? These are proof of that!
3. It’s nice to have a bowl of fresh fruit on the table, and you can serve it in half the earth! This is a great way to upcycle an old globe and become a conversation starter at your party!
Keep the food light, especially since it’s summer. Focus on refreshing drinks, fresh fruit and light snacks along with the sweet stuff. Skip disposable dishes and serve on melamine ware that is easy to handle.
1. You don’t need a centerpiece with a cake as gorgeous as this !! You can get a regular sheet cake from the bakery and do the rest yourself, if you’re strapped for time.
2. You can have the world in your mouth with these ! They look so good, but are actually easier than you think!
3. It doesn’t get any cuter than this !! Use a gingerbread man cutter to cut shapes out of practically anything kids will eat and arrange them around an edible earth!
Games & Activities
Keep lots of space and let the music play. Refrain from putting the TV on, though it might seem like a good idea when you have a bunch of hyperactive preschoolers! If the kids are creating something at the party, let them take it home with them – so make space in the goody bag!
1. Popping bubble wrap is always fun, but how about jumping on it? Have a blast with this – a great way to get rid of all that packing material!
2. Hand the kids some trash – cups, bottle caps, cans along with basic art supplies and ask them to make a . Make it an individual activity or divide into teams for a mega robot!
3. Organize a scavenger hunt for smooth pebbles, with each one having a child’s name on it. Then hand them paint and googly eyes and let the kids turn their finds into of their choice!
Most parents agree that the little toys from party favor bags form the most clutter, so try gifting something that the kids will actually use!
1. First of all, make your own out of any kind of paper, including newspapers! Use twine for handles and decorate any way you like!
2. Make these cute little with seeds inside for your guests to go home and sow. Insert a little instruction card so they don’t get confused!
3. Since it’s Earth Day, send the kids home with something to remember this special day – ! Little globes cum money boxes are easily available everywhere and are an appropriate gift for the day!
Now you’re all set to have an Earth Day party at your home!! It doesn’t look that difficult does it? All you need is a little imagination and little extra time, and everything will fall into place!
Which of these ideas did you like the most? Are you likely to try them out this Earth Day?