Who doesn’t love Handmade cards? They are so much more thoughtful and expressive than Store Made cards and the best part is that you can personalize them as much as you want.
It was my In-Laws Marriage Anniversary on 5th March (Happy Anniversary Mom n Dad!!!) and since they stay in another country we usually send them Greeting Cards on all significant occasions.
But this time I wanted Samaira to make a card for her grandparents so that they will feel special and know how much we miss them. I looked for how to make a card ideas on the internet and found the perfect one. It is an easy yet beautiful handmade card which will definitely be appreciated by the receiver.
TAKE A LOOK
You Require : Cardstock (I used recycled one), Red Paint, Brown Paper, Glitter, Scissors and Glue
How to make :
1) Fold the card paper in half and make a greeting card format.
2) Take the brown paper ( I didn’t find brown paper so I used a shopping bag from Lifestyle Stores) and cut it in the shape of a Tree Bark. If your child is slightly older you can ask them to cut this shape. Glue the bark on the cardstock.
3) Now dip the thumb of your child in the red paint and ask them to make thumbprints which will look like heart/leaves.
4) Now take the glitter and spread it on the bark. That’s it DONE!! Personalize it with your message.
5) On the inside all three of us made our thumb impressions (Hubby, Me and Sam) and then I just dressed them up a bit (Saw this on Pinterest). It looks so cute doesn’t it?
Needless to say my In-laws were over the moon to receive this card and it occupies the prime space on their mantle. It is one of the simpler crafts for children which lets them bond with their grandparents however far they are.
You can also decorate it further if you want. This will also make a great handmade birthday card and card for grandparents day. It is also the perfect Spring time craft.
If you have some handmade card ideas, please leave a link in the comments.
I would love to check them out.